The Torchlighters is a series of animated programs with strong values and educational content for youth ages 8-12.
Each Torchlighters episode presents the story of a true-life hero from Christian history.
Kids will see what God can do through a ‘Torchlighter’ and will be challenged to carry their own torch while learning about the history of our faith.
This set includes 17 DVDs:
- The William Tyndale Story – This episode follows William Tyndale’s adventures as he works in secret, moving from town to town as a fugitive to avoid capture. Friends and allies help him along, but enemies may be lurking around any corner.
- The Perpetua Story – It is the year AD 203 in Carthage, North Africa. Perpetua, a young mother, is charged with converting to Christianity and is sent to prison. But her freedom can be secured easily. All she has to do is offer one pinch of incense in honor to the Roman gods to regain her freedom and return to her infant son and a life of comfort. What will she do?
- The Jim Elliot Story – Jim Elliot spent his youth preparing to share the Gospel with those who’d never heard it. But nothing could have prepared him for the dangers and challenges he’d face in the jungles of Ecuador. The remote Auca tribe was suspicious and antagonistic toward even the most friendly of gestures from outsiders. Would Jim and his fellow missionaries ever be able to break down the hostile barriers and carry a torch of faith to this savage people determined to attack all outsiders?
- The Amy Carmichael Story – As little Preena is snatched away and held in the temple against her will. How will she find the missionary known as Amy Carmichael, the one who wears a cross and serves a different sort of God? Meanwhile, Amy is also consumed by the awful truth she has learned about the plight of the “temple girls.” Will Amy’s faithful determination be enough to free Preena from the powerful customs and superstitions that keep her hostage?
- The Gladys Aylward Story Discover how Harriet followed God, became the Moses of her people, and persevered despite seemingly insurmountable obstacles in this latest episode of The Torchlighters. With war raging about her and soldiers closing in, Gladys Aylward sets out on a 100-mile trek over the mountains to a safe haven. But it’s not her own safety that concerns this little woman with big faith. It’s the safety and well being of the 100 orphaned children in her care.
- The John Bunyan Story – John Bunyan spends his days in prison, separated from his wife and children. Living in the cold, stone cell is the price he pays for going against the established state religion. If he would agree to stop preaching, John could walk out a free man! Why does he choose to stay in jail?
- The Richard Wurmbrand Story – In war-torn Romania, there is only one way for churches to get the protection of the government: give their support and allegiance to the communists who are in control. Instead, Pastor Richard Wurmbrand chooses to speak up for Christ, thereby placing his own life and the lives of his family in great danger. When Richard’s choice lands him in a communist prison, his faith and witness are tested to the limits.
- The Eric Liddell Story – Pressure to follow public opinion couldn’t get much stronger. National hero Eric Liddell is Scotland’s pride and joy. The entire country is eager for their running celebrity to sprint past the rest of the world and bring home Olympic gold in the 100-meter race. But when Eric makes the stunning announcement that he won’t race on Sunday because of his religious convictions, he is soon labeled a disgrace and a traitor. See how Eric Liddell’s famous stand during the 1924 Olympics prepares him for even greater challenges as a missionary to China during World War II.
- The William Booth Story – Introduce children to the action-packed story behind “The Salvation Army” and its founder, William Booth. The pub owners and their hired thugs are ready for William and his ragtag followers when they come marching into London’s East End. With clubs and rocks, the thugs are set to chase this preacher out of town once and for all. Armed only with Bibles, musical instruments and their unflinching faith in God, they march in to face their most dangerous opponents so far.
- The Samuel Morris Story – Young Prince Kaboo knows his fate is sealed. Since his father can no longer meet his captors’ ransom demands, Kaboo is to be tortured until death. But a blinding light appears and the ropes that bind him fall away, and a heavenly voice urges him, “Run, Kaboo, Run!”
- The Augustine Story – Young Augustine thinks his mother’s religion is foolishness. Soon Augustine finds himself in an important position as “The Voice of The Emperor.” When the empire decides to take over the Christian basilica, Augustine prepares to give the speech of a lifetime, one that will slow the rising tide of Christianity’s influence. With his devout mother and Bishop Ambrose on one side and angry, armed soldiers on the other, Augustine must choose whom he will serve.
- The Corrie ten Boom Story – As World War II sweeps through their city, Corrie and her family find themselves with an innocent Jewish baby, needing protection from the cruelty of the new Nazi regime. How will the ten Booms keep this baby and others out of harm’s way, and what will be the cost? Includes book!
- The John Wesley Story – In this action-packed episode of the Torchlighters, meet the bold founder of the Methodist movement, while you learn about faith that works.
- The Robert Jermain Thomas Story – Young Robert Jermain Thomas is a Welsh minister with a gift for new languages. Though Christianity is illegal and Westerners forbidden, Robert has a new mission: to bring the Word of God to the Korean people, no matter the cost. What will Robert have to sacrifice to share God’s Word with Korea?
- The Martin Luther Story – Martin Luther didn’t mean to spark the Reformation with his 95 Theses, but his realization that salvation comes through faith and not works ignited the revolution that changed the world.
- The Adoniram and Ann Judson Story – Adoniram Judson and his wife Ann were the first missionaries from the United States. The young couple set out for Burma where they worked to reach souls in a land where professing Christ would mean certain death.
- The Harriet Tubman Story – Discover how Harriet followed God, became the Moses of her people, and persevered despite seemingly insurmountable obstacles in this latest episode of The Torchlighters.
BONUS: This set also includes the 90-page book,Corrie Ten Boom, and the 90-minute animated DVD “God with Us.”